- Airsynergy, the licensor and technology source was founded by Jim Smyth, its lead inventor and visionary behind Airsynergy’s technology. Jim, formerly a project manager at engineering giant, ABB, comes from a multidisciplinary engineering background with specific expertise and experience in the environmental and air management engineering sectors.
- Since its founding five years ago, Airsynergy has carefully built a core multi-skilled management team that is now bringing its patented technology to market with ambitious plans for the business.
- Airsynergy leverages its technology strengths with a licensing and contract manufacturing business model. Utilizing the manufacturing and market reach of others, Airsynergy remains focused on innovation, intellectual property and technology commercialization.
Technology Background and Status:
|TES – Development Stages|
|Conventional Wind Turbines (Castleblayney, Ireland) 2010||AS6 (Fermanagh, Ireland) 2010-2011||TES (Sligo, Ireland) 2013|
- Airsynergy has developed and demonstrated an Enhanced Wind Turbine with an innovative and patented design, utilizing a “shroud” that encircles the blades of a conventional 3-blade horizontal axis turbine, and enables it to produce twice the annual power output.
- After extensive design work, and two earlier full size field demonstrations, the AS-5 turbine has undergone independent power performance testing by the GL Group, a leader in testing and certification in the wind industry. Early results confirm that the AS-5 is producing over 100% more energy than comparative small wind turbines on the market.
- The AS-5 technology has now been superseded by a further advancement in wind turbine technology, the Total Energy Solution (TES) product.
- In parallel, Airsynergy has developed the RPU Off-Grid Wind/Solar Lighting Solution.
- Visit www.airsynergy.ie for further information.